Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by MShah <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/23 23:41:41 UTC

Main class used to start and stop the geronimo server?

Hi,
  I am trying to start geronimo automatically on linux using the java
service wrapper and in the conf file I need to specify the main class needed
to start and stop the geronimo process instance.

Can anyone please let me know that the main class is that is used to start
the geronimo server instance and what is the main class used to stop the
server?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Monisha

Re: Main class used to start and stop the geronimo server?

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
I think this should help:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configuring-geronimo-as-a-windows-service.html

Jarek

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On May 23, 2008, at 5:41 PM, MShah wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am trying to start geronimo automatically on linux using the java
> service wrapper and in the conf file I need to specify the main
> class needed
> to start and stop the geronimo process instance.
>
> Can anyone please let me know that the main class is that is used to
> start
> the geronimo server instance and what is the main class used to stop
> the
> server?
>
> Any input will be appreciated.

Hi Monisha,
Although the following doc refers to windows configuration, I think
you'll find the configuration information useful --

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configuring-geronimo-as-a-windows-service.html

FYI, the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file in bin/server.jar declares the
"main" class when starting the server.

--kevan