Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by hammett <ha...@uol.com.br> on 2004/04/26 00:09:26 UTC

Castle

Hi!

Someone pointed out "There needs to be a place for Castle. Perhaps incubate
as a potential TLP?"
IMOH there is no need for another TLP. I think Castle fits under Avalon or
Fortress TLP (if it get created, of course).

BTW its almost finished and implementing the current Avalon-Meta (?)
standard. We can have a alpha release in a few weeks or wait 'till a
language-neutral spec. I'm off to London next month (will have to land on in
Paris first - Steve don't try to shoot me in the airport! :-) so I'll be a
bit away from Avalon issues for a couple of months.

About Castle, what your feelings?

Cheers,
hammett

RE: Castle

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
The community around Castle still needs to form.  However with the
rapid growth of .Net (not to mention the Avalon name confusion in
LongHorn) I'm sure Avalon Castle will get noticed and a community
will form around it.  Personally I can't wait to start playing with
it but I have to square away some time.

Until then Hammet keep up the good work and start building a
community around it.  There is no reason why it should stay in
Avalon once this has been established IMHO.  Once the community
is there it deserves the same status as the other container
efforts.

Cheers,
Alex

Re: Castle