Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Peter Alfors <pe...@irista.com> on 2001/01/18 20:48:28 UTC

escape characters in querystring

Hello all,

    I have run across the instance where the data that I am passing in
the query-string has spaces.  The spaces in the query-string are escaped
(using %20).  I have a class that retrieves the querystring and parses
it into a hashmap with key/value pairs.  However, when you retrieve the
querystring from the request object using getQueryString(), the data is
not un-escaped.  I could write a simple class the handle this problem,
however, I was wondering if there is a better way, or some method in the
request, etc, that I am missing.   I noticed that the HttpUtils class
has the parseQueryString() method, but this has been depricated.

Any help would be appreciated,

    Pete