Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by "Kirk, Kenneth" <Kk...@ILSOS.NET> on 2013/04/26 21:09:10 UTC

Drawing Non Transparent Text

We have an application that takes user input and places it on a PDF.  The PDF where originally in tiff format and converted to PDF.  Until it is finalized we keep the PDF and text separate and bring them together to display to the user.  When the file is finalized we then replace the original PDF with one with the text placed on it.  Our problem is sometimes there is text on the PDF that shows up behind what the users have placed on the PDF.  The do we make the text background opaque and not transparent?

Disclaimer - This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without gaining permission from the sender. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the Office of the Illinois Secretary of State.

Re: Drawing Non Transparent Text

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 26.04.2013 21:09, schrieb Kirk, Kenneth:
> We have an application that takes user input and places it on a PDF.
 > The PDF where originally in tiff format and converted to PDF.
 > Until it is finalized we keep the PDF and text separate and bring
 > them together to display to the user.  When the file is finalized
 > we then replace the original PDF with one with the text placed on
 > it.  Our problem is sometimes there is text on the PDF that shows
 > up behind what the users have placed on the PDF.  The do we make
 > the text background opaque and not transparent?
What exactly are you doing to create those pdfs? Are you using PDFBox?
Can you post some code or a resulting pdf to demonstrate the issue?

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler