Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aaron Chu <as...@mac.com> on 2003/03/05 14:30:26 UTC

Urgent help on tomcat.

Hi, I need urgent help to sort out a problem with running jsp in Tomcat.  I have a JSP page that has scriplets in it, and in particular, I have added a line of scriplet to call a shell script:

<% Process p;

   String u = submitid.getUrl();

   p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("/home/general/users/grp38/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/submiturlcamila/SubmitURL.sh " + u);
%>

where Process p calls a shell script with a given paramter (string u).  Here is the shell script.

#!/bin/csh
/home/general/users/grp38/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/submiturlcamila/submiturlwrap $1
cp /home/general/users/grp38/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/submiturlcamila/Command.html /home/general/users/grp38/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/submiturlcamila/Command.$1.html

PROBLEM:  when I run the JSP page, it does run and appears to be functional.  However, as shown in the shell script that I'm trying to copy a file using cp.  The new files would **only** appear in the folder after I've shut down Tomcat, rather than seeing the new copied file after running the JSP page once.  Can someone help?

Thanks.