Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Means <cm...@empower.com> on 2003/05/10 07:43:28 UTC

AXIS with Java 1.3 to .NET?

Hi,

I've gotten AXIS working OK with MapPoint.NET under Java 1.4, however, I've
got a client who wants to be able to stay with Java 1.3 but still access
MapPoint.NET.

It appears that the Digest Authentication being used with MapPoint.NET is
the sticky point with Java 1.3.

Is that correct?

Interestingly, the Java Driving Directions demo app that Microsoft has
provided at http://demo.mappoint.net is able to make the initial connection
and get a map under Java 1.3, but any further calls fail with the "Server
redirected too many times" exception.

Is there a solution that doesn't force me to go to Java 1.4?

Thanks.

-Chris