Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/02 12:05:45 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taglibs 1.2.2

>> On Jan 27, 2015, at 7:59 AM, Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The proposed Apache Taglibs 1.2.2 release is now available for voting.
>>>
>>> It can be obtained from:
>>>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/taglibs/taglibs-standard-1.2.2/
>>>
>>> The Maven staging repo is:
>>>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1032/
>>>
>>> The SVN tag is:
>>>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/taglibs/standard/tags/taglibs-standard-1.2.2/
>>>

>> The directory at dist.apache.org contains only 2 files,
>> taglibs-standard-1.2.2-source-release.zip
>> taglibs-standard-1.2.2-source-release.zip.asc
>>
>> I went on and added NOTICE, READMEs and checksums there.
>> I plan to add the other files from Maven, like it was done for 1.2.1 here:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/taglibs/taglibs-standard-1.2.1/
>>
>> But here is a question the taglibs-standard-1.2.2-source-release.zip
>> on dist.a.o differs from one in Maven at
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1032/org/apache/taglibs/taglibs-standard/1.2.2/
>>
>> The only difference is timestamps. The contents of the files in the
>> archives is the same, but in the Maven staing repository zip all files
>> have the same timestamp, while in the dist.a.o zip the timestamps for
>> files in the archive are different.
>>
>> I think that it would be better to replace the zip file on dist.a.o
>> with the one from Maven.  Any objections or concerns here?
>
> +1
>
> Thanks for catching that.
> Jeremy

Done.
I replaced the sources zip and added binary jars - all taken from the
Maven staging repo.  We now have the same set of files like we had for
1.2.1.

Here comes my vote:

> The proposed 1.2.2 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
 [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.2 Stable

Tested (taglibs-standard-spec-1.2.2.jar +
taglibs-standard-impl-1.2.2.jar) on my web applications.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Taglibs 1.2.2

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

>>> Tested (taglibs-standard-spec-1.2.2.jar +
>>> taglibs-standard-impl-1.2.2.jar) on my web applications.
>>>

>> Unfortunately I have to change the above to
>> [x] Broken - do not release
>>

>> My tests were on Java 7 and later.
>>
>> The library breaks when running on Java 5.
>> E.g. Tomcat 6 + JDK 5u20 + Tomcat examples webapp.
>>
>> I am looking for a fix.
>> For starters, the project has a compilation failure under Java 5 in a
>> test class.
>>
>> XPathFactory.newInstance(String, String, ClassLoader) method used in
>> ForEachTagTest is @since Java 1.6.
>
> I’m canceling this vote due to regressions seen on older JREs.

The issues have been fixed. I think it is OK to go.

I verified that it works in Tomcat 6 + Java 5u20.

The standard-test project also builds successfully.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Taglibs 1.2.2

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

>> Here comes my vote:
>>
>>> The proposed 1.2.2 release is:
>>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.2 Stable
>>

>> Tested (taglibs-standard-spec-1.2.2.jar +
>> taglibs-standard-impl-1.2.2.jar) on my web applications.
>>

> Unfortunately I have to change the above to
> [x] Broken - do not release
>

> My tests were on Java 7 and later.
>
> The library breaks when running on Java 5.
> E.g. Tomcat 6 + JDK 5u20 + Tomcat examples webapp.
>
> I am looking for a fix.
> For starters, the project has a compilation failure under Java 5 in a
> test class.
>
> XPathFactory.newInstance(String, String, ClassLoader) method used in
> ForEachTagTest is @since Java 1.6.

I’m canceling this vote due to regressions seen on older JREs.

Cheers
Jeremy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taglibs 1.2.2

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.