Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gerry Duprey <gd...@Schools-OPEN.com> on 2003/11/11 17:40:09 UTC

[configuration] order of compositeconfiguration items

Howdy,

In addition to being able to addConfiguration(), has there been any thought to
an insertConfigurationAt(Configuration, x)?

I ask because I'm building up a composite configuration from several resources
and the order that I build them is from lowest to highest priority (when
resolving duplicate names).  As things are now though, addConfiguration()
treats the first configuration as the highest priority.  Based on how I need
to load things, this make life difficult (I have to cache all parts of the
composite configuration into a Vector until done, then run through the vector
backwards to install them).

Certainly I can work around it, but a bit more flexibility in the order
configurations are added/searched in the composite would be of some benefit.

Thoughts?

Gerry

--
Gerry Duprey
SchoolsOPEN, LLC

Visit us Online at www.Schools-OPEN.com

RE: [configuration] order of compositeconfiguration items

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
I can see using insertConfigurationAt()..  I really see the semantics of
CompositeConfiguration as being close to List..  Since under the covers a
CompositeConfiguration is just a list..

A patch (plus tests) would be welcome...

Eric