Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Stromas, Aaron" <aa...@rsa.com> on 2012/08/13 17:04:37 UTC

ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem yields IllegalArgumentException

Hello,

I'm using Axis2 1.6.2 with Rampart 1.6.2. My client attempts to create the ConfigurationContext by calling

File repoPath = new File("axis2-1.6.1/repository")
ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(repoPath.getAbsolutePath(), null);

And I'm getting the IllegalArgumentException: Input cannot be null

Why is that? According to what I read, "AxisConfiguration will be created using default axis2.xml and services and modules will be created and loaded from the repository". BTW, modules are in ./ axis2-1.6.1/repository/modules.

TIA,

-a

RE: ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem yields IllegalArgumentException

Posted by "Stromas, Aaron" <aa...@rsa.com>.
It appears to me that the modules are loaded successfully, otherwise Axis would have let me know. How can I find out what is was attempting to load when it choked?

Aug 13, 2012 2:08:27 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer deploy
INFO: Deploying module: addressing-1.6.2 - file:/C:/Documents and Settings/astroma/My Documents/AxisClient/axis2-1.6.2/repository/modules/addressing-1.6.2.mar
Aug 13, 2012 2:08:27 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer deploy
INFO: Deploying module: metadataExchange-1.6.2 - file:/C:/Documents and Settings/astroma/My Documents/AxisClient/axis2-1.6.2/repository/modules/mex1.6.2.mar
Aug 13, 2012 2:08:27 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer deploy
INFO: Deploying module: mtompolicy-1.6.2 - file:/C:/Documents and Settings/astroma/My Documents/AxisClient/axis2-1.6.2/repository/modules/mtompolicy-1.6.2.mar
Aug 13, 2012 2:08:27 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer deploy
INFO: Deploying module: ping-1.6.2 - file:/C:/Documents and Settings/astroma/My Documents/AxisClient/axis2-1.6.2/repository/modules/ping-1.6.2.mar
Aug 13, 2012 2:08:28 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer deploy
INFO: Deploying module: rahas-1.6.2 - file:/C:/Documents and Settings/astroma/My Documents/AxisClient/axis2-1.6.2/repository/modules/rahas-1.6.2.mar
Aug 13, 2012 2:08:28 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer deploy
INFO: Deploying module: rampart-1.6.2 - file:/C:/Documents and Settings/astroma/My Documents/AxisClient/axis2-1.6.2/repository/modules/rampart-1.6.2.mar
Aug 13, 2012 2:08:28 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer deploy
INFO: Deploying module: script-1.6.2 - file:/C:/Documents and Settings/astroma/My Documents/AxisClient/axis2-1.6.2/repository/modules/scripting-1.6.2.mar
Aug 13, 2012 2:08:28 PM org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer deploy
INFO: Deploying module: soapmonitor-1.6.2 - file:/C:/Documents and Settings/astroma/My Documents/AxisClient/axis2-1.6.2/repository/modules/soapmonitor-1.6.2.mar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: InputStream cannot be null
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.opensaml.xml.parse.BasicParserPool$DocumentBuilderProxy.parse(BasicParserPool.java:671)
        at org.opensaml.xml.parse.BasicParserPool.parse(BasicParserPool.java:215)
        at org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.load(XMLConfigurator.java:141)
        at org.opensaml.DefaultBootstrap.initializeXMLTooling(DefaultBootstrap.java:199)
        at org.apache.rahas.RampartSAMLBootstrap.bootstrap(RampartSAMLBootstrap.java:79)
        at org.apache.rahas.Rahas.init(Rahas.java:41)
        at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.initModules(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:252)
        at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.init(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:230)
        at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContext(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:93)
        at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:210)
        at com.rsa.pso.common.ws.hcm.axis.Client.<init>(Client.java:66)
        at com.rsa.pso.common.ws.hcm.axis.Client.main(Client.java:93)

From: aaron.stromas@rsa.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:47:33 -0400
I thought that the error I was getting was due to the second parameter being null, so I created an axis2.xml  and passes it as the second parameter. To my surprise, I'm still getting the same error. And if I use null for both parameters, I get the "Unable to engage module: rampart" when I try to load it. My client follows the article http://wso2.org/library/3190#Step_3._Engaging_Rampart_and_setting_authentication_information. Any suggestions, please?

Posted by "Stromas, Aaron" <aa...@rsa.com>.
Hi Martin,

Please, bear with me. Where is the module.xml come from and where should it reside? I have followed the article http://wso2.org/library/3190#Step_1._Deploying_the_module_and_necessary_jars which never mentioned modules.xml, nor did I see it mentioned on the Rampart site.
I am using Axis/Rampart to consume the web service written in .NET and the client is a standalone application, so META-INF isn't applicable.

Having examined axis2.xml extracted from the axis2-kernel.jar I see that it references the addressing module, so I attempted to add the rampart and rahas modules, as well. It did not help me much.  Thanks to your explanation I understand that these modules need to be configured, but where should that configuration file be placed in case of the client?

TIA,

-a

________________________________

From: aaron.stromas@rsa.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Posted by "Stromas, Aaron" <aa...@rsa.com>.
Good morning, Martin -

First, I have been using the same blessed Rampart modules all along.  Now, to the real issue - I did as you suggested, i.e., deployed Tomcat 7, Axis2 1.6.2 with the rampart modules from http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/rampart/download.html. (I also added the Rampart jars to webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib).
Tomcat started fine but, as I mentioned, I'm operating in a very tightly controlled environment. The browser proxy setting did not allow me to connect to http://localhost:8080 and I'm not authorized to change proxy setting. The upshot, I can't verify the rampart module using the admin tool.

Now, I'd like to test this deployment but, I am not running a web application but a standalone client and I initialize the configuration context from the repository

ConfigurationContext ctx = ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem("c:/stage/axis2-1.6.2/repository", null);

How can I use the modules installed in Tomcat for my non-web client?

TIA,

-a

________________________________
From: aaron.stromas@rsa.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:25:23 -0400
Hello, Martin -

Thank you for the suggestion. I know, this is my problem, but my target environment is very restricted one and it's windows XP sp3. I've used downloaded rampart modules on my winsdows 7 and they seem to work fine.  I can't build natively on the target machine, where I cannot install any build tools, but I did so on my windows 7 machine. It appears to be an issue related to the target platform.

I did follow the instructions you referenced. As I mentioned, I don't seem to have the same issue on my development machine (unfortunately, no access to the web service from it).

Thanks again,

-a

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning Aaron

Can you download the latest Rampart Binaries from
http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/rampart/download.html

These are the blessed binaries so you should not never see any errors or any NULL InputStream from any of Rampart*.mar
Please Download and install to webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/modules

Then you can use the admin tool to view the rampart module
and once you verified the rampart*mar module is valid
engage the rampart*.mar module to your Axis2 webapp

Please keep me apprised if you see any errors.

Thanks,
Martin Gainty

From: aaron.stromas@rsa.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Hello, Martin – Thank you for the suggestion. I know, this is my problem, but my target environment is very restricted one and it’s windows XP sp3. I’ve used downloaded rampart modules on my winsdows 7 and they seem to work fine.  I can’t build natively on the target machine, where I cannot install any build tools, but I did so on my windows 7 machine. It appears to be an issue related to the target platform. I did follow the instructions you referenced. As I mentioned, I don’t seem to have the same issue on my development machine (unfortunately, no access to the web service from it). Thanks again, -a From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 13 August, 2012 14:27
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Subject: RE: ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem yields IllegalArgumentException Good Afternoon Aaron

From: aaron.stromas@rsa.com
RE: ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem yields IllegalArgumentException

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Afternoon Aaron

From: aaron.stromas@rsa.com
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Sent: Monday, 13 August, 2012 11:05
To: java-user@axis.apache.org

RE: ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem yields IllegalArgumentException