Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/07/03 16:19:33 UTC

4.0 Release Dashboard

At the risk of seeming too "corporate", I've added a "dashboard" page
to the wiki to track our summary status:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/4.0+Release+Dashboard

I hate status reports as much as anyone, but with so much information
passing by on our many mailing lists, we risk losing track of the
high-level status.  I'm hoping that this dash board page, if we update
it, can give us all a good view of how the release is progressing.

No need for a lot of detail.  This is intended to be high-level,
identifying areas that are "on track" versus "at risk".  Or
green/yellow/red.

This will also make it easier for volunteers to see what areas need
the most help.  We have many volunteers who are able to help in more
than one area.  Now we can see what areas need help.

Thanks!

-Rob

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 07/12/2013 09:51 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>
>  Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> I am still asking why we need the sub directories under binaries? We
>>> have the file unique already and the language code is part of the file
>>> name. The SDK name is also unique.
>>>

> This was discussed more than one time and we finally agreed to have this
> structure.
>
> Of course we can thing about this for the next release. But I think it's
> too late for this one as it would need changes in the DL scripting, new
> uploads on Apache Dist, new distributions on the SF mirrors.
>

>  They are still handy in case a user wants to browse all available
>> versions for a given language. It's still convenient to do so at times,
>> so I would keep this.
>>

> I can understand your point. However, I don't see a difference between:
>
> - every file in a single directory
> - every language file in its own directory
>
> The user can see the same files in his language folder or in the single
> folder. OK, except that it's a bit easier to look in a specific folder than
> to grep for the respective language in the big folder.
>
> However, the users can see all available files in the big table on the
> "other.html" webpage. If something is missing there, then it's a bug.
>
> Marcus

For collecting statistical information based on language, it it probably
easier to keep the language sub-directories I would think., or else all
this would need to be parsed out of the file names.

MzK

"Every day we should hear at least one little song,
 read one good poem, see one exquisite picture,
 and, if possible, speak a few sensible words."
                             -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> I am still asking why we need the sub directories under binaries? We
> have the file unique already and the language code is part of the file
> name. The SDK name is also unique.

They are still handy in case a user wants to browse all available
versions for a given language. It's still convenient to do so at times,
so I would keep this.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/11/13 10:56 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 07/11/2013 05:41 PM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:

>>> I forgot ->  .asc
>
> OK

>> just to double check ...
>>
>> I will create the following directory structure on dist. I use
>> "openoffice" instead of "aoo" for easier identifying. And no other
>> project use "apache" in the name here.
>
> OK, so the full URLs will look like the following:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.0.0/...
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openoffice/4.0.0/...
>
> Or different?

no I think that is correct

>> openoffice/4.0.0
>> openoffice/4.0.0/source
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/SDK
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/fi
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/pt
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/ko
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/ru
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/de
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/ja
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/el
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/sk
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/zh-CN
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/gd
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/it
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/sl
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/ta
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/es
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/hu
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/gl
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/en-GB
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/fr
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/pt-BR
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/ast
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/nl
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/cs
>> openoffice/4.0.0/binaries/en-US
>
> Yes, looks good.

I am still asking why we need the sub directories under binaries? We
have the file unique already and the language code is part of the file
name. The SDK name is also unique.

And normally our users will download via our download page and don't
have to seek on their own.

Juergen

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/10/13 10:48 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 07/10/2013 10:09 AM, schrieb Jürgen Schmidt:

>>> the files are generally here:
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/
>>>
>>> The JavaScript logic is here:
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/download.js
>>>
>>> Some variables come from here:
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/globalvars.js
>>>
>>> Test files (empty !) are on my Apache people account:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~marcus/aoo/
>>>
>>> If you want to see some values from the JS functions and browser, use
>>> the analyze webpage:
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/analyze.html
>>>
>>> And if you have further questions just tell me.
>>
>> ok thanks
>>
>> Please take care of the correct file names of the src packages
>>
>> apache-openoffice-4.0.0-r1499347-src.tar.gz[.md5|sha256]
>> apache-openoffice-4.0.0-r1499347-src.tar.bz2[.md5|sha256]
>> apache-openoffice-4.0.0-r1499347-src.zip[.md5|sha256]

I forgot -> .asc

> the format is exactly what I have scripted. Now I just need to wait for
> the last and final rev number.
>
> BTW:
> I've corrected the filenames in my Apache people account as it was an
> older naming.
>
>> The revision is the tricky part and we introduced it for our language
>> update for 3.4.1
>>
>> If that is a problem we have to think about a new name
>
> No, it's fine.

perfect

Juergen

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 07/08/2013 10:46 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>
>  Am 07/08/2013 03:59 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:

>>> I just moved it there now. URL is the same:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OOOUSERS/4.**
>>> 0+Release+Dashboard<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/4.0+Release+Dashboard>
>>>

>> I just saw an entry for the download scripting, so I've added a comment.
>>

> ... and added colors to the status text for a faster visibility, I hope
> you don't mind. ;-)

I don't mind at all! Much nicer to see things quickly this way!

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: 4.0 Release Dashboard

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.