Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Yannick Thebault <ya...@nereide.biz> on 2006/10/17 15:46:40 UTC

Known issues with Oracle and Oracle Cluster

Hi all,

One of my customer would like to run its future big ecommerce site on a Oracle
Cluster (failover and load-balancing).
The only available information on sizing is they planned 25 000 000 hits the
first year.
I would like to know if somebody knows issues to run OFBiz on Oracle (and
better on Oracle Cluster) ? I don't have Oracle release will be used but
seems to be 9i or 10g.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Yannick

--
Yannick Thebault
Consultant

Société Néréide
Tél : 02.47.50.30.54
Site : http://www.nereide.biz/

Re: Known issues with Oracle and Oracle Cluster

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Actually, 25 million page hits in a year is not really that...
especially if those are general ecommerce hits, but even they are
admin tool hits and all sorts of painful things (as long as the code
doesn't do "bad" things like moving data around that it doesn't have
to).

I've worked with OFBiz deployments that get a million hits a day,
with a peak of about 1500-2000 page hits per minute (which allows a
fairly concentrated daily schedule with just a few hours a day taking
the majority of the traffic), running on 2 boxes: one application
server, and one database server.

-David