Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2004/08/27 17:08:28 UTC

[vote] upgrade to cocoon-provided xalan

it is time to rip out our ancient xalan and focus on correct stylesheets
instead. i do believe that the NPE fix today solved the outstanding
problem to do this.

here is my +1 to remove xalan 2.5.0 and use the one provided with cocoon

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: [vote] upgrade to cocoon-provided xalan

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 23:25, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
> > it is time to rip out our ancient xalan and focus on correct
> > stylesheets instead. i do believe that the NPE fix today solved the
> > outstanding problem to do this.
> >
> > here is my +1 to remove xalan 2.5.0 and use the one provided with cocoon
> >
> -1 for Lenya 1.2.1 (which we should try to release as soon as possible)
>
> +1 for Lenya 1.2.2-dev

Ok, agreed, but a short test would not harm.
Maybe we are lucky and no regression is caused :)

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: [vote] upgrade to cocoon-provided xalan

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> it is time to rip out our ancient xalan and focus on correct
> stylesheets instead. i do believe that the NPE fix today solved the
> outstanding problem to do this.
>
> here is my +1 to remove xalan 2.5.0 and use the one provided with cocoon

-1 for Lenya 1.2.1 (which we should try to release as soon as possible)

+1 for Lenya 1.2.2-dev

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: [vote] upgrade to cocoon-provided xalan

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 17:08, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> it is time to rip out our ancient xalan and focus on correct stylesheets
> instead. i do believe that the NPE fix today solved the outstanding
> problem to do this.
>
> here is my +1 to remove xalan 2.5.0 and use the one provided with cocoon

+1. I wonder what the switch will break... :)

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: [vote] upgrade to cocoon-provided xalan

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> it is time to rip out our ancient xalan and focus on correct stylesheets
> instead. i do believe that the NPE fix today solved the outstanding
> problem to do this.
>
> here is my +1 to remove xalan 2.5.0 and use the one provided with cocoon

+1

-- Andreas

Re: [vote] upgrade to cocoon-provided xalan

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> it is time to rip out our ancient xalan and focus on correct stylesheets
> instead. i do believe that the NPE fix today solved the outstanding
> problem to do this.
>
> here is my +1 to remove xalan 2.5.0 and use the one provided with
> cocoon

Can you validate the cocoon version with the default publication on
the CVS head first?  This would at least give us a sanity test on
potential problems.

--
JP