Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Achint Srivastava <ac...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/08 22:52:12 UTC

IP based authorization

I sent the following email to shiro-users but didn't get any pointers. Forwarding to Shiro-dev... If there is some other mailing list or support email I can send this email please let me know.

We want to add IP based authorization to our system in addition to
username/password. This means that users coming from an IP address X
have permissions to certain resources without having to login. Is that
possible to model in Shiro? From what I have looked at it seems
difficult. I basically want to add IP address as a principal to the
subject so that when authorizing I can get permissions based on both IP
address and/or User ID, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set
principals without authenticating.
Thanks,
Achint
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/

Re: IP based authorization

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Achint,

I replyed to your question on the shiro-user list, but didn't receive
a response.  And to answer your question, yes, the shiro-user list is
where these types of questions should be asked ;)

Best,

Les