Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by alvins <al...@hotmail.com> on 2008/08/16 07:28:33 UTC

Tiles 2.1.0 - RendererFactory not specified

Hi guys,

I am trying to test the tiles 2.1.0 with a struts app but on startup of the
tomcat I get the following exception trace -

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener
java.lang.IllegalStateException: RendererFactory not specified
	at
org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.init(BasicTilesContainer.java:142)
	at
org.apache.tiles.factory.TilesContainerFactory.initializeContainer(TilesContainerFactory.java:271)
	at
org.apache.tiles.factory.TilesContainerFactory.createTilesContainer(TilesContainerFactory.java:233)
	at
org.apache.tiles.factory.TilesContainerFactory.createContainer(TilesContainerFactory.java:198)
	at
org.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesListener.createContainer(TilesListener.java:94)
	at
org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener.createContainer(StrutsTilesListener.java:68)
	at
org.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesListener.contextInitialized(TilesListener.java:67)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3827)

I did some digging in the code and didn't have much luck in finding the
issue.

Alvin

Re: Tiles 2.1.0 - RendererFactory not specified

Posted by alvins <al...@hotmail.com>.
Has anybody got tiles 2.1.0 to work with struts2?

Posted by alvins <al...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/8/16 alvins <al...@hotmail.com>:
> I am trying to test the tiles 2.1.0 with a struts app but on startup of the
> tomcat I get the following exception trace -
>
> SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
> class org.apache.struts2.tiles.StrutsTilesListener
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: RendererFactory not specified

It could be a bug, can you open a JIRA issue and add a test case, i.e.
a sample webapp?
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES

Thanks
Antonio