Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/30 18:48:50 UTC

0.19.0 Testing

Hi All,

I've pushed a tag for the first release candidate for 0.19.0: 0.19.0-rc1

I would like to ask others to assist in testing this candidate so that we can catch anything obvious before the vote!

Thanks,
Ben

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Posted by Ian Downes <id...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
I just discovered a bug when using the recently added --slave_subsystems flag which erroneously tries to destroy the slave cgroup during recovery.  It affects both the MesosContainerizer and the ExternalContainerizer. The fix should be considered for cherry picking onto 0.19.0. See MESOS-1449.

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
Tagging 0.19.0-rc3 with the following three trivial cherry-picks off master:

* 4feeb9e Ignore slave cgroup during isolator recovery.
* ff8f287 Fixed a segfault in libprocess.
* aa5d491 Updated CHANGELOG for 0.19.0.

Here's what it looks like off of rc2:

* 51e0475 (HEAD) Updated CHANGELOG for 0.19.0.
* 8dfabce Fixed a segfault in libprocess.
* 83e2459 Ignore slave cgroup during isolator recovery.
* 96ffd0a (tag: 0.19.0-rc2) Updated the upgrades document for 0.19.0.

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Posted by Tom Arnfeld <to...@duedil.com>.

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@gmail.com>.
Is it possible that we're rushing a release here? Could we offer a few
additional business days of testing before voting on this RC?

It seems that in the past, bugs in release candidates have been caught
shortly after voting. It'd be nice to either: extend the voting period to
accomodate testing within that period, or offer a standard period of
testing (measured in business days) prior to a vote.

Best,
Dave

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
Hey Tom,

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
just cherry pick this commit instead.

d903e7d32040f5be070f158e21c674deb6230540

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.

Re: 0.19.0 Testing

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.