Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johannes Ernst <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/13 23:17:26 UTC

use of exec in multiple phases

I’d like to invoke exec-maven-plugin with different arguments during different phases of the build, and I’m failing. I hope somebody can help me.

This is what works:

parent pom: (invokes a code generator)

        <pluginManagement>
            <plugins>
                <plugin>
                    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                    <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>1.4.0</version>
                    <executions>
                        <execution>
                            <id>generate-sources</id>
                            <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                            <goals>
                                <goal>exec</goal>
                            </goals>
                            <configuration>
                                <executable>code-generator-executable</executable>
                                ….

project pom:

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            </plugin>
            ….

Now I’d like to also invoke exec just prior to surefire running tests, but only in the project pom (not in other projects that use the same parent). So I want to attach it to

                            <phase>process-tests-classes</phase>

and for argument’s sake, let’s say I simply want it to invoke “echo ‘I succeeded in attaching another exec’”

Where would I declare what?

Thanks,

Johannes.

P.S. I haven’t gotten any responses to two previous questions on this list this month; I hope this one will fare better.

Re: use of exec in multiple phases

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
Correct. If you use the same id it should override the config in the inherited one and stick to have one config.

Btw. just run

mvn help:effective-pom

to see the inheritance in action.

Or use the M2e pom editor and check out the effctive pom tab.

manfred

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.