Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Sells, Fred" <fr...@adventistcare.org> on 2003/05/30 19:04:08 UTC

background-image newbie

I'm trying to use background-image to produce a lined body so that the use
can write additional notes on the printed form.  I have tried both gif and
jpg without success.  I've read XSL formatting objects by Lovel and revied
the fop faq's.  I'm still stumped and obviously missing something quite
simple.  Here's what I've tried.

<xsl:include href="background.xsl"/>
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body" xsl:use-attribute-sets="background">

where background.xsl is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                              xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
<xsl:attribute-set name="body">
    <xsl:attribute
name="background-image">linebackground.gif</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>
</xsl:stylesheet>

-----------------------------or ----------------------------------
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body" background-image="linebackground.jpg">

I realize I don't have a clue and would be gratefull to a pointer in the
right direction.

tia.

Fred.

Re: background-image newbie

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Sells, Fred wrote:

> I'm trying to use background-image to produce a lined body so that the use
> can write additional notes on the printed form.  I have tried both gif and
> jpg without success.  I've read XSL formatting objects by Lovel and revied
> the fop faq's.  I'm still stumped and obviously missing something quite
> simple.  Here's what I've tried.
> <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body" background-image="linebackground.jpg">

Which FOP version are you using?
Did you get error messages?
How do you run FOP: from the command line or embedded?

It is possible that FOP just can't find the file.
You should also try to add background-image to the region, i.e.
  <fo:simple-page-master name="..." ...>
    <fo:body background-image="linebackground.jpg"/>

J.Pietschmann