Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2016/04/25 17:32:07 UTC

[io] commons-io 2.5 release notes and Javadocs are the 2.4 versions

Hi,

The Commons IO 2.5 release notes link at
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-io/ correctly points to
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-io/upgradeto2_5.html but
that says "2.4-SNAPSHOT" and does not match [1].

It looks like the Javadocs aren't updated either,
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-io/javadocs/api-release/index.html
says "Commons IO 2.4 API ".

Not sure how to fix this...

-Bertrand

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/io/tags/commons-io-2.5/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Re: [io] commons-io 2.5 release notes and Javadocs are the 2.4 versions

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> schrieb am Mo., 25. Apr. 2016 um
17:42 Uhr:

> I followed the instructions for the doc and the javadoc didn't work. I
> posted email and no one replied. Now that I am trying turning home I can
> research more

Sorry, I must have mist your mail. I've released [lang] several times,
maybe I can help.

Regarding the JavaDocs: For Lang it is a manual process to fix the JavaDoc
links. All the sites are checked in to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/

After a new release of [lang], I check out that area and modify it. As you
can see by

svn list
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/commons-lang/javadocs

we have all the old JavaDocs checked into their respective directories.
Additionally I add the api-release folder with the API docs of the latest
release for linking though out the site. This way I don't run into the
problem that republishing the site (mvn clean site-deploy) will override
<site-dir>/apidocs with the latest SNAPSHOT JavaDocs.

Regarding the updateto2_5 page, I can not help right now. Is it generated
by the build? In any case, you can fix in by checking out the site
directory.

HTH!
Benedikt

On Apr 25, 2016 11:32 AM, "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bd...@apache.org>