Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2015/09/09 06:27:53 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Calcite from the Incubator

This is a vote to decide whether Apache Calcite should graduate from the Incubator. Please vote on the resolution pasted below the ballot. I'll leave this vote open for at least 72 hours (until September 11th, 22:00 Pacific time).

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Calcite from the Incubator.
[ ] +0 Don't care.
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Calcite from the Incubator because…

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Julian

- - - snip - - -

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public, related to parsing and planning queries on data in a wide variety of formats.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Calcite Project", be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Calcite Project be and hereby is responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to interactive analysis of large-scale datasets; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Calcite" be and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Calcite Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Calcite Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Calcite Project:

* Alan Gates <gates at apache dot org>
* Aman Sinha <amansinha at apache dot org>
* Ashutosh Chauhan <hashutosh at apache dot org>
* James R. Taylor <jamestaylor at apache dot org>
* Jacques Nadeau <jacques at apache dot org>
* Jesús Camacho Rodríguez <jcamacho at apache dot org>
* Jinfeng Ni <jni at apache dot org>
* John Pullokkaran <jpullokk at apache dot org>
* Julian Hyde <jhyde at apache dot org>
* Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk at apache dot org>
* Steven Noels <stevenn at apache dot org>
* Ted Dunning <tdunning at apache dot org>
* Vladimir Sitnikov <vladimirsitnikov at apache dot org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Julian Hyde be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Calcite, to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Calcite Project be and hereby is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Calcite podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator Calcite podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are hereafter discharged.

- - - end - - -

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Calcite from the Incubator

Posted by Trevor Hartman <th...@ebay.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Trevor

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Maryann Xue <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by "Han, Luke" <lu...@ebay.com>.
+1

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Aman Sinha <am...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mp...@umail.iu.edu>.
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks
Milinda

--
Milinda Pathirage

PhD Student | Research Assistant
School of Informatics and Computing | Data to Insight Center
Indiana University

twitter: milindalakmal
skype: milinda.pathirage
blog: http://milinda.pathirage.org

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Calcite from the Incubator

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
+1

Vladimir

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Calcite from the Incubator

Posted by Jesus Camachorodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Dan <da...@dankeeley.co.uk>.
+1