Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nick <go...@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca> on 2004/07/22 05:16:44 UTC

Accessing authentication/ID through JX Generator

Hi everybody,

I got stuck trying to pass the User Name into a Portal Engine pipeline.
The pipeline looks like this:

<!-- Take submitted form and write it into the RSS file -->
<map:match pattern="addNewsItem">
   <map:act type="auth-protect">
     <map:parameter name="handler" value="portal-handler"/>

     <map:generate type="jx" src="updateRssQuery.xml">
<!-- map:parameter name="userId"
value="${session-context:authentication/ID}"/ -->
<!-- map:transform type="xmldb"/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:act>
</map:match>

I can't use Session transformer to get the ID from the authentication
context (there are chances that some of the namespace declarations will
be lost). Passing User Name as a request parameter is not very safe either.

I am just checking if anybody has ever got access to the authentication
context within the JX template by some other means? In other words, is
there a call similar to ${cocoon.request.getParameter("blah")} that
could grant access to the ID parameter within authentication context or
some other way to get access to the parameter?

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,
Nick