Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Randy Watler <rw...@finali.com> on 2004/09/29 23:09:37 UTC

J2 Go Live Requirements

J2 Gang,

Our release qualification testing went fairly smoothly and J2 performed
well. Many thanks to the team! I have some issues external to J2 to
resolve immediately, but I thought I'd share the only J2 issues that
were raised during the tests:

1 - Loss of current URL in browser on logout. Login preserves the
current page navigated to while not logged in. However, logging out
seems to always return the user to
"http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/index.jsp". Is there redirection support
for logout?

2 - Need a way to disable the layout portlet actions, (a.k.a customizer
buttons). I am currently manually commenting out code in the
columns/layout.vm template, but I'd rather not.

Really, that was it!

After I address the more pressing needs for this project, I plan on
picking these up if you guys have not already addressed them.

Thanks again for a great platform,

Randy

Re: J2 Go Live Requirements

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Randy Watler wrote:

> J2 Gang,
>
> Our release qualification testing went fairly smoothly and J2 performed
> well. Many thanks to the team! I have some issues external to J2 to
> resolve immediately, but I thought I'd share the only J2 issues that
> were raised during the tests:

Congratulations Randy!
I know you put in a lot of long hours to make this happen.
Glad to hear you testing went well

> 1 - Loss of current URL in browser on logout. Login preserves the
> current page navigated to while not logged in. However, logging out
> seems to always return the user to
> "http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/index.jsp". Is there redirection support
> for logout?

I can't reproduce that one.
Could that be because the content filter is looking for other extensions...

> 2 - Need a way to disable the layout portlet actions, (a.k.a customizer
> buttons). I am currently manually commenting out code in the
> columns/layout.vm template, but I'd rather not.

I've been thinking about that this level of configuration could go under
a general Portal Configuration component.
Then in your template, you could make the check

#if (jpt.configuration.displayPageControls())
#end

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software