Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by Manikandan R <ma...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/22 13:55:36 UTC

Design review request: (YUNIKORN-984) Enforcing User and Group limits

Hello Everyone,

I would like to bring the discussions going on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-984 to the community due to
foundational changes to apply any User and Group limit settings in general
going forward. As of now, We took MaxRunningApps Enforcement as a use case
for this work. Next is MaxResources Enforcement and so on..Please go
through the WIP proposal doc specified in JIRA and share your thoughts.

Re: Design review request: (YUNIKORN-984) Enforcing User and Group limits

Posted by Manikandan R <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Weiwei,

Yes, these are queue level hard limits. More details about the
configuration syntax and functionality is already available at
https://yunikorn.apache.org/docs/user_guide/queue_config/#limits.

This doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Td01tG9AwRtYfmTQoXSqDn3G6xYtw53PqPDt2sP8mOs/edit?usp=sharing
mostly covers the implementation aspects especially about UserGroup Manager
module etc

Will rename the title accordingly.

Thanks,
Mani