Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Ryan Lambert <rl...@zantaz.com> on 2002/07/25 02:26:49 UTC

SOAP context question

Hello !

I spent lots of time trying to get my SOAP service deployed and available
and visible to Tomcat - I finally got it working by creating a directory
structure that matched the package name for my class under the
/tomcat/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/classes/ directory.

I want to know how can I deploy a war / jar file that does not have to be
part of the soap.war and the soap directory strcuture ?

If I create a war file with my SOAP server classes in it - how do I tell
soap to look outside the tomcat/webapps/soap structure and also at the
/tomcat/webapps/MYSERVICE structure ???

If I create a jar file with my SOAP server classes in it - where can I place
the jar for it to be accessible / available to Tomcat ?

Thanks

+	 Ryan Lambert
(	 Senior Software Engineer
8	 Zantaz.com Inc
O	 5671 Gibraltar Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588

This e-mail has been captured and archived by the ZANTAZ Digital Safe(tm)
service.  For more information, visit us at www.zantaz.com.
IMPORTANT: This electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the
that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
telephone or directly reply to the original message(s) sent.  Thank you.

Re: SOAP context question

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
I recommend you have a look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html.  If
you put your service classes within the SOAP webapp, then only SOAP can load
them.  You cannot put them in any other webapp and have SOAP see them.  If
it is fine with you to have them visible to all webapps, put them in
$CATALINA_HOME/classes (jars in $CATALINA_HOME/lib).  The page at the link
will show other directories where you can put them, but doing so would be
very unusual.

Scott Nichol

Re: SOAP context question