Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kiran Kodlady <ki...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/03 14:31:29 UTC

How to add project specific dependencies

Hello,

I got struck while doing migration of maven 1.0.2 to maven 2.0.6. In maven
1.0.2 we had a file called build.properties, which consists of paths for
both remote as well as local repositories. But in maven 2.0.6 i am unable to
find  any corresponding file which holds these values. Can anyone help me
how this can be handled in maven 2.0.6?

Thank you.

Re: How to add project specific dependencies

Posted by John Patrick <nh...@gmail.com>.
Kiran,

Project level defined repositories can be specified within the pom: e.g.
[Extract from http://maven.apache.org/pom.html]
<project>
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>Maven Repository Switchboard</name>
      <layout>default</layout>
      <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>
  </repositories>
<project>

I've not used that section personally, I tend just to use settings.xml and
have all requests going via maven proxy to reduce network traffic and
central manage external and internal repositories.

If you want more information take a look at:
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd

John