Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Fitzjarrell, Dave" <df...@virtela.net> on 2013/08/08 18:14:10 UTC

NetScaler VPX 10 VM wont boot using CS 4.1

Hi,

I loaded a new template of a NS VPX VM and I'm trying to build a new VM with it.
I need the NSIP on one physical interface and a MIP on a different one.
I can't find a way to build the VM so that the NSIP interface is the first devices for the VM.  Always comes up as the second device regardless of which interface is set as default.
I'm forced to build the VM with one NIC and then use cloudmonkey to add the second NIC.

That might be one of the issues, but I can't be certain.  The VM hangs at this point: "ata1: reinit done .."
Has anyone found a way around any of these issues?

Dave

RE: NetScaler VPX 10 VM wont boot using CS 4.1

Posted by "Fitzjarrell, Dave" <df...@virtela.net>.
Myself and my co-worker voted for it ;-)

We ended up running this command:
xe vm-cd-remove uuid=<VM-UUID> cd-name=xs-tools.iso

You have to have something in the drive before it can be removed.
After that the NS appliance boots right up.

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Fitzjarrell, Dave" <df...@virtela.net>.

Posted by Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru <ve...@citrix.com>.
Hi,