Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2003/12/28 15:38:38 UTC

[VOTE] Clay Leeds for committer

In recognition for his contributions to this project I'd like to propose
"Web Maestro" Clay Leeds as a FOP committer. He's active on both dev and
user mailing lists for at least 1 year now. He's actively helping out on
the user mailing list and as our favourite nit-picker :-) he was
instrumental in improving our website. Provided he accepts the
nomination, I'd like to have him on the boat.

+1 from me.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [VOTE] Clay Leeds for committer

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
I appreciate the nod from fop-dev team for my nomination. It came as a
very pleasant surprise to me. I've been waiting for the VOTE to pan out
before making comments. In any case, my intention is to continue on the
same path of learning and service as before.

Web Maestro Clay

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> +1 from me.

+1

J.Pietschmann

Re: [VOTE] Clay Leeds for committer

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> In recognition for his contributions to this project I'd like to propose
> "Web Maestro" Clay Leeds as a FOP committer. He's active on both dev and
> user mailing lists for at least 1 year now. He's actively helping out on
> the user mailing list and as our favourite nit-picker :-) he was
> instrumental in improving our website. Provided he accepts the
> nomination, I'd like to have him on the boat.
>
> +1 from me.

+1

Christian

Re: [VOTE] Clay Leeds for committer

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@tkachenko.com>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> In recognition for his contributions to this project I'd like to propose
> "Web Maestro" Clay Leeds as a FOP committer. He's active on both dev and
> user mailing lists for at least 1 year now. He's actively helping out on
> the user mailing list and as our favourite nit-picker :-) he was
> instrumental in improving our website. Provided he accepts the
> nomination, I'd like to have him on the boat.
>
> +1 from me.

+1

--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Clay Leeds for committer

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
It's not a veto, I just used that term to remind
others that committerships require a unanimous vote.
My vote is still -1.

Glen

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Re: [VOTE] Clay Leeds for committer

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
A veto must always be accompanied by an explanation. Without an
explanation a veto is invalid.

http://incubator.apache.org/learn/voting.html

Clay has never submitted any Java-related patches but he cares about the
website (and has submitted patches in this area) and helps on the user
mailing list. He regularly post suggestions which is also one way to
contribute. He deserves the committership IMO. There's no rule that
somebody must submit at least one Java-related patch to be accepted as a
committer.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
-1 (veto)

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Re: [VOTE] Clay Leeds for committer

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le Dimanche, 28 déc 2003, à 15:38 Europe/Zurich, Jeremias Maerki a
écrit :

> In recognition for his contributions to this project I'd like to
> propose
> "Web Maestro" Clay Leeds as a FOP committer. He's active on both dev
> and
> user mailing lists for at least 1 year now. He's actively helping out
> on
> the user mailing list and as our favourite nit-picker :-) he was
> instrumental in improving our website. Provided he accepts the
> nomination, I'd like to have him on the boat.

+1

-Bertrand