Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2006/09/08 05:01:00 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.19 Beta build is complete

http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/v5.5.19-beta/

I will run through the TCK tests tomorrow

Filip

Re: Tomcat 5.5.19 Beta build is complete

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> You should do a 1.1.4 release here, though:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/

Done. tomcat-native-current points to 1.1.4
Sorry, forget about that. I only did heanet.ie upload.

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: Tomcat 5.5.19 Beta build is complete

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:

>>> are the native releases never voted on?
>>
>> No. They are part of Tomcat tags although we have version to be
>> loosely coupled. We don't have a separate product 'Tomcat Native',
>> so the versioning is just internal to Tomcat.
> in that case you can't upload the 1.1.4 release to www.apache.org (and
> its mirrors) until the Tomcat has been voted to release.
> you could put them in dev.apache.org or some other location.

Which isn't that great, since the .tar.gz is supposed to be included in
the Tomcat release (for convenience). That .tar.gz could be removed,
instead ;)

Rémy

Re: Tomcat 5.5.19 Beta build is complete

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
ok, I'm changing it to 1.1.3, and we'll use that for now.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> ok, so we have a version mismatch, and a missing tar.gz file.
> can we get this fixed?
>
> Filip
>
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>> Peter Rossbach wrote:
>>> Hi Filip and Mladen
>>>
>>> is it correct that wrong tc native version is inside
>>> build.properties.default ?
>>>

>>> # ----- Tomcat native library -----
>>> tomcat-native.home=${base.path}/tomcat-native-1.1.3
>>> tomcat-native.tar.gz=${tomcat-native.home}/tomcat-native.tar.gz

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Hi Filip and Mladen

is it correct that wrong tc native version is inside
build.properties.default ?

# ----- Tomcat native library -----
tomcat-native.home=${base.path}/tomcat-native-1.1.3
tomcat-native.tar.gz=${tomcat-native.home}/tomcat-native.tar.gz
tomcat-native.loc=${base-tomcat.loc}/tomcat-connectors/native/tomcat-
native-1.1.3.tar.gz

Tcnative 1.1.4 can be found at:
http://tomcat.heanet.ie/native/1.1.4/source/

but missing at