Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@opensource.lk> on 2003/11/18 08:52:55 UTC

Admin Client

Hi

I want to know why we can't send the service.class file as a soap
attachment?with out coping that manually to correct webapp/classes?

Thanx
Kanchana

RE: Admin Client

Posted by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@opensource.lk>.

Hi  Steve;

> Axis isnt an app server, merely a .jar file and some servlet
> configuration parameters for a web.xml file.
IF there is an application server(Say that any SOAP Engine)can't we say that
it is an app server?

> To support autoupload of code is complex -you need to interact with
> classloaders- and duplicate effort -modern app servers have some form of
> live deploy. Security is a major issue, as is intra-class visibility.
>

> now, regarding 'manually copy to webapp/classes', exactly how are you
> deploying code today?
I use have used AdminClient but mostly I do it manually with out using
AdminClient!My problem was
if the SOAP Engine can  send SOAP attachments and if we can publish
AdminClient as a Web server then we can use a "SOAP attachment" to send
necessary files to correct location!to deploy a service.Can't we?If how it
is applicable in Axis Java?

By the way Steve; Say that I have a SOAP Engine that is *not* suppoting with
SOAP Attachments.What would be the method to Autoupload files with a higer
security?Base64?
Thanx
Kanchana

Re: Admin Client

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.

RE: Admin Client

Posted by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@opensource.lk>.

> I want to know why we can't send the service.class file as a soap
> attachment?with out coping that manually to correct webapp/classes?
>
> Thanx
> Kanchana
>

>you mean you want to hot-upload the code from the admin client?
hmm.Yes.Say that we are going to deploy the admin Client as a web service in
axis.then we need to copy  the service.class has to be placed in
webapp/classes .can't we send the service.class file or deploy.wsdd as a
sOAP attachment with the path where to copy that.

> hmmm.
>that would be very dependent upon the app server.
please  account for this compare to axis app server pls?
> Some of them (BEA) run
>the classes straight from the war file without expanding it at all.

Thanx
Kanchana

Re: Admin Client

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Kanchana Welagedara wrote:
> Hi
>

> I want to know why we can't send the service.class file as a soap
> attachment?with out coping that manually to correct webapp/classes?
>
> Thanx
> Kanchana

you mean you want to hot-upload the code from the admin client? hmmm.
that would be very dependent upon the app server. Some of them (BEA) run
the classes straight from the war file without expanding it at all.