Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by G Q <us...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/13 15:42:48 UTC

How to implement Custom webapp classloader?

Hi,

The scenario I have is as follows:
The application jar file is located on a remote server. When tomcat
starts up, I would like to make a URL connection to the remote server
and download the latest jar file and use that instead of actually
placing the jar file in the WEB-INF/lib/ directory.

This way, I believe I would be preventing the class files being
decompiled and also if there are any updates to the jar, there will be
a central location for updates.

Question:
1. How do other people implement this?
2. Can I extend the webappclassloader and implement this functionality?

Would appreciate any url or article or help on this topic.

thanks.