Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jayavarshini Radhakrishnan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/14 18:49:10 UTC

axis2: Security for SwA

Hi,

We have implemented Axis2 for trading SOAP messages. As described by Axis2,
we are using the Rampart module and Neethi policy to implement SOAP
security. However, Rampart doesn't support SwA(SOAP with Attachment)
security. Hence, I am trying to create a custom policy, which I can add it
as policy component to Neethi. However, I am unable to get any guidelines
for creating policy for securing attachments. I am new to this, so If I am
on the wrong track, please let me know. Any help/guidelines would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Jaya

Re: axis2: Security for SwA

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
I concur with Paul -- a better solution is to use MTOM in place of
SwA. If you must use SwA, then you will need to use a combination of
SSL and WS-Security. See the WS-I Basic Security Profile for advice.
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicSecurityProfile-1.0.html.

Anne

Re: axis2: Security for SwA

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.