Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/19 16:06:46 UTC

Re: PrefetchPolicy & more - all not working when embedding ActiveMQ into JBoss

A network bridge has its own prefetch attribute. I think this will override
any url parameter.

It looks like you may have two embedded brokers started here, one from the
ra.xml xml config and one from the "vm://" connection url. Either add
create=false&waitForStart=5000 to the vm://.. url (so that it won't create
an embedded broker) or use the tcp variant that matches the
transportConnector in activemq.xml.

I imagine/assume the intention is to have one embedded broker network with
an external broker.

2009/5/19 Eadno1 <el...@alphacsp.com>

> [...]
>            <config-property>
>                <config-property-name>PhysicalName</config-property-name>
>
> <config-property-type>java.lang.String</config-property-type>
>            </config-property>
>        </adminobject>
>    </resourceadapter>
>
>  and finally the activemq-jms-ds.xml  (only the MBeans part) :
>
>   <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.deployment.AdminObject"
> name="activemq.queue:name=QueueSingle">
>      <attribute name="JNDIName">activemq/queue/QueueSingle</attribute>
>      <depends
>
> optional-attribute-name="RARName">jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='activemq-ra.rar'</depends>
>      <attribute name="Type">javax.jms.Queue</attribute>
>      <attribute
> name="Properties">PhysicalName=queue.QueueSingle</attribute>
>   </mbean>
>
>    <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.deployment.AdminObject"
> name="activemq.queue:name=QueueExpress">
>      <attribute name="JNDIName">activemq/queue/QueueExpress</attribute>
>      <depends
>
> optional-attribute-name="RARName">jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='activemq-ra.rar'</depends>
>      <attribute name="Type">javax.jms.Queue</attribute>
>      <attribute
> name="Properties">PhysicalName=queue.QueueExpress</attribute>
>   </mbean>
>
>    <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.deployment.AdminObject"
> name="activemq.queue:name=QueueLPR">
>      <attribute name="JNDIName">activemq/queue/QueueLPR</attribute>
>      <depends
>
> optional-attribute-name="RARName">jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='activemq-ra.rar'</depends>
>      <attribute name="Type">javax.jms.Queue</attribute>
>      <attribute name="Properties">PhysicalName=queue.QueueLPR</attribute>
>   </mbean>
>
>   <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.deployment.AdminObject"
> name="activemq.topic:name=inboundTopic">
>      <attribute name="JNDIName">activemq/topic/inbound</attribute>
>      <depends
>
> optional-attribute-name="RARName">jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='activemq-ra.rar'</depends>
>      <attribute name="Type">javax.jms.Topic</attribute>
>      <attribute name="Properties">PhysicalName=topic.inbound</attribute>
>   </mbean>
>
> so it does work, but when JBoss starts - it somehow tries to configure the
> Queue with
> the XML configurations and it says - it's already registered!!!
> what the ?!@#!
>
> The only way that I can see MY queue (in jconsole) and not "localhost"
> queue
> - is
> to remove the <networkConnector> ( more so - not setting the connection to
> the same
> broker defined in the <transportConnector>.
> but my Queue isn't getting the configuration (nor does the localhost).
>
> So I don't know what I'm doing wrong !!!
>
> anyone who can share some info on the subject will be more then appreciated

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source SOA
http://FUSESource.com

Re: PrefetchPolicy & more - all not working when embedding ActiveMQ into JBoss

Posted by Eadno1 <el...@alphacsp.com>.
I assume your assumption is correct, or there's away to embed a broker to
Jboss
and the broker will be considered internal???

I did realize that 2 Brokers were created, actually they appear to override
each other
so only the latter get used from my EJBs & only one is shown in jconsole.

second - it says when using embedded broker you have to use the vm://...
option ( anyways I tried
using the tcp:// and it didn't work )

Is there a way to set the prefetchPolicy to a vm:// broker ??? (when placed
in the <transportConnector> it throws exception and when trying using in the
<networkConnector> it doesn't work, each I assume it
doesn't suppose to work like that)