Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Emre BALCI <em...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/22 21:52:46 UTC

Change Score

Hi All
I want to increase scores of all rules in 20_drugs.cf how can I do this
 shortly ??

Regards

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: Change Score

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> I want to increase scores of all rules in 20_drugs.cf how can I do this
> shortly ??

How shortly (quickly/easily) you can do this depends on how many rules there
are in the rules file, and maybe how good you are with some text filtering
and replacement tools.

You need to capture all of the 'score' lines from the rule file, change the
score values to what you want, and then put them into A NEW FILE, not the
original file.

If you only want to raise the scores, and if you want to do it by the same
amount for all of the rules (although this seems somewhat silly to me) you
can do offset scores for all of the rules, as:

score SOME_RULE    +0.2
score SOME_OTHER_RULE    +0.2

A score line can have one score or 4 scores.  Since you are probably always
using the same score set, a single score that will modify (or replace) all
of the scores is usually sufficient when you are changing scores.

        Loren