Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au> on 2001/02/17 06:15:17 UTC

DECLINED: What's going on?

Hi All,

On p. 68 of the eagle book, the explanation of DECLINED says:

    The handler has decided it doesn't want to handle the request.
    Apache will act as if the subroutine were never called and either
    handle the phase internally or pass the request on to another
    module that has expressed its interest. Even if all registered
    modules return DECLINED for a particular phase, it will still be
    handled by the Apache core, which has default handlers for each
    phase (even if they do nothing).

I have an authz handler at the very beginning of which I set

    return DECLINED;

but Apache doesn't seem to kick in its default handler (there is
an .htaccess file in the directory concerned).

Can anybody shed light on this?

Thanks,

Jie

Re: section woe

Posted by Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au>.
On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Erdmut Pfeifer wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 08:56:40PM +1100, Jie Gao wrote:
> >
> > %LocationMatch = (
> >   '^/(myscript|cgi-bin)/' => {
> >     'AuthName'          => 'Elephant',
> >     'AuthType'          => 'Animals',
> >     'AuthDBMUserFile'   => '/mydir/userdbm',
> >     'AuthDBMGroupFile'  => '/mydir/groupdbm',
> >     'PerlAuthenHandler' => 'Animals::ElephantCookieHandler->authen',
> >     'PerlSetVar'        => (
> >                              [ 'VirtualServerName' => qw(www.myhouse.org) ],
> >                              [ 'AuthCookieDebug'   => 7 ],
> >                            ),
>
> syntactically, you need an array reference here, so try using:
>
>       'PerlSetVar'        => [
>                                [ 'VirtualServerName' => qw(www.myhouse.org) ],
>                                [ 'AuthCookieDebug'   => 7 ],
>                              ],

You are right. I totally missed that. Thanks a lot!

But I still don't know what to do with the following:

<Limit GET POST>
require group group1 group2
</Limit>
<Limit PUT>
require group group1
</Limit>

Anybody has any idea?

Jie

Re: section woe

Posted by Erdmut Pfeifer <e....@science-computing.de>.
On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 08:56:40PM +1100, Jie Gao wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> P. 417 of Eagle book has this:
>
> Directive is repeated mutiple times
>
>     If a directive is repeated multiple times with different arguments each
>     time, you can represent it as an array of arrays. This example using
>     the AddIcon directive shows how:
>
>     @AddIcon = (
>           [ '/icons/compressed.gif' => qw(.Z .z .gz .tgz .zip) ],
>           [ '/icons/layout.gif'     => qw(.html .shtml .htm .pdf) ],
>     )
>
> I am testing the limit directives in my <Perl> section:
>
> %LocationMatch = (
>   '^/(myscript|cgi-bin)/' => {
>     'AuthName'          => 'Elephant',
>     'AuthType'          => 'Animals',
>     'AuthDBMUserFile'   => '/mydir/userdbm',
>     'AuthDBMGroupFile'  => '/mydir/groupdbm',
>     'PerlAuthenHandler' => 'Animals::ElephantCookieHandler->authen',
>     'PerlSetVar'        => (
>                              [ 'VirtualServerName' => qw(www.myhouse.org) ],
>                              [ 'AuthCookieDebug'   => 7 ],
>                            ),

syntactically, you need an array reference here, so try using:

      'PerlSetVar'        => [
                               [ 'VirtualServerName' => qw(www.myhouse.org) ],
                               [ 'AuthCookieDebug'   => 7 ],
                             ],

>     'SetHandler'        => 'perl-script',
>     'Options'           => '+ExecCGI -Indexes',
>     'PerlSetupEnv'      => 'On',
>     'require'           => 'valid-user',
>     'AllowOverride'     => 'None',
>   },
> )

Erdmut

--
Erdmut Pfeifer
science+computing gmbh

-- Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut! --

section woe

Posted by Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au>.
Hi All,

[...]

Apache complains about this:

handle_command (PerlSetVar "VirtualServerName" "www.myhouse.org"): perl_cmd_var: 'VirtualServerName'
= 'learnonline.usyd.edu.au'
OK
ARRAY(0x2fc014) Options (Invalid command 'ARRAY(0x2fc014)', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration) Limit=no
[Sat Feb 17 20:51:28 2001] [error] (22)Invalid argument: <Perl>: Invalid command 'ARRAY(0x2fc014)', perhaps
mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
valid-user AllowOverride (Invalid command 'valid-user', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration) Limit=no
[Sat Feb 17 20:51:28 2001] [error] (22)Invalid argument: <Perl>: Invalid command 'valid-user', perhaps
mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
On require (Invalid command 'On', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server
configuration) Limit=no
[Sat Feb 17 20:51:28 2001] [error] (22)Invalid argument: <Perl>: Invalid command 'On', perhaps mis-spelled
or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Taking out "[ 'AuthCookieDebug'   => 7 ]," makes the error go away, but it's not a solution.

What's worse: how do you define multiple Limit sections like the following?

<Limit GET POST>
require group group1 group2
</Limit>
<Limit PUT>