Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mukul Jain <mu...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/06 21:06:48 UTC

Trying to start Kafka

I am a newebee and just downloaded 0.8.2-beta following these instructions:

*> tar xzf kafka-<VERSION>.tgz**> cd kafka-<VERSION>**> ./sbt
update**> ./sbt package*

following this link : http://kafka.apache.org/07/quickstart.html

when I try following :

*> bin/zookeeper-server-start.sh config/zookeeper.properties*

*Error: Could not find or load main class
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain*

Do I need to download and setup zookeeper separately.. I thought
following lines in quick start guide mentioned that I do not need to :

First start the zookeeper server. You can use the convenience script
packaged with kafka to get a quick-and-dirty single-node zookeeper
instance.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: Trying to start Kafka