Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ja...@productive1.com on 2019/09/20 12:21:33 UTC

Workflow Engine - Ofbiz

Team - Has anyone ever used a Workflow engine in Ofbiz that allows for
you to change the workflow of an Ofbiz process.  For example:

Order is placed->Workeffort created for service->PO created in
factory->alert/email sent to customer-> order received from
factory->services invoice generated

We are looking to be able to flexibly customize the workflow depending
on customer classification.  Any thoughts are experience?

Thanks,

James

Re: Workflow Engine - Ofbiz

Posted by Nicola Mazzoni <ni...@mpstyle.it>.
Hi James,
I don't have much experience with OFBiz to give an exhaustive answer,
but the recent trend is interesting. There are open source workflow
managers (Apache Ode or jBoss RiftSaw for example) which are webservice
orchestrators that use the BPEL standard as a scripting and "descriptor".

For this reason the use in OFBiz (where services are not webservice but
internal services) I think is very complex.

Thanks
Nicola

--
Nicola Mazzoni