Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Markus Müller <mu...@lat-lon.de> on 2006/06/21 14:26:10 UTC

IIS and Tomcat authentication problems

Hi listers,

I want to use IIS with Tomcat using the the NTLM-detected user name. The
integration of IIS and Tomcat works fine, but not the authentication. I
managed this for a number of Tomcat versions before, but right know I
cannot get it to work.
Im am using:
Tomcat 5.5.12
IIS V6.0
Windows Server 2003

I added tomcatAuthenticatin="false" to my AJP 1.3 connector that resides
von port 8012 (server.xml attached), but the user name simple does not get
true.
Anybody any ideas?

cheers

Markus

--
Dr. Markus M�ller
l a t / l o n  GmbH (Hamburg)

RE: IIS and Tomcat authentication problems

Posted by "Phil (waex)" <ph...@waex.com>.
If this can help ...
With jrun the  isapi filter need to be in  a protected folder for the
authentication to be passed to the engine.

I.e. if your iis site is password protected and the jrun.dll is in a folder
that does not require auth, it won't receive the username.

Cheers

Phil