Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@redhat.com> on 2020/09/22 17:02:11 UTC

[DISCUSS]: move to Jakarta Messaging API

Hello,
Currently Artemis is exposing a JMS 2.0 API but Java EE has moved toward JakartaEE.
For JakartaEE 9 there is only a namespace switch( with more coming on with JakartaEE 10).
Shouldn't we propose new artefacts that expose Jakarta Messaging API too ?
Do yo have any idea on how to create and provide those artefacts ?

Cheers,
Emmanuel

Re: [DISCUSS]: move to Jakarta Messaging API

Posted by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@redhat.com>.
Yes currently the idea is just to produce those new artefacts. I'd like to avoid duplication until the new API becomes incompatible (with
the remove of JMS 1.1 style API).
Cheers,
Emmanuel

Posted by Arthur Naseef <ar...@amlinv.com>.