Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Atul Thapliyal <at...@aggiemail.usu.edu> on 2012/04/12 18:04:05 UTC

Profiling Pig Query

Hi Guys,

Has anyone used any tools to profile a pig query ? or

Can anyone guide me on 'How to profile a pig query". I am trying to figure
out the CPU, disk I/O, RAM usage.

I have tried Starfish but its current release doesn't support Pig.

Thanks for reading !!

--
Warm Regards
Atul

Re: Profiling Pig Query

Posted by Atul Thapliyal <at...@aggiemail.usu.edu>.
Hi Dmitriy / Keren -

To profile pig queries, I was looking into these two tools.

1. Yourkit (Thanks to Thejas) - You can find a document
here<https://github.com/athap/Documents/blob/master/HowTo/ProfilePigQueriesUsingYourkit/profilingPigQuery.txt>
and also here <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/HowToProfile>

2. Jinspired (Thanks to William) - A document is available
here<http://www.jinspired.com/site/profiling-apache-hadoop-child-mapreduce-tasks-with-jxinsight-opus>

Hope this saves someone's time !!

Thanks

--