Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by leith <el...@diffbot.com> on 2008/07/22 04:46:01 UTC

streaming insert?

two quick questions,

1) is the documentation for 0.2.0 branch online? (i'm just using eclipse to look
things up for now...)

2) what's the recommended method for streaming input into a row. (batchoperation
ends with an 'out of memory exception' so i was hoping to find a way to stream
in a very large file into our rows

thanks for the advice,

/leith

Re: streaming insert?

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
leith wrote:
> two quick questions,
>
> 1) is the documentation for 0.2.0 branch online? (i'm just using
> eclipse to look things up for now...)
Not until we make a 0.2.0 release.  Meantime, just do a 'ant javadoc' to
generate it in your checkout.

> 2) what's the recommended method for streaming input into a row.
> (batchoperation ends with an 'out of memory exception' so i was hoping
> to find a way to stream in a very large file into our rows

There is no means of streaming in data.  What kinda sizes you talking?
Try upping the heaps in your servers (edit HBASE_HEAPSIZE in
$HBASE_HOME/conf/hbase-env.sh).  If your BLOBs are massive, storing
direct into HDFS may be a better alternative.

St.Ack