Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Bill Dudney <bd...@apache.org> on 2007/08/30 00:14:01 UTC

1.0-alpha-6 release of archetype plugin is hosed

I had to edit my local copy of the plugin pom to look like this;

   <dependencyManagement>
     <dependencies>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-model</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-6</version>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-core</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-6</version>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-creator</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-6</version>
       </dependency>
     </dependencies>
   </dependencyManagement>

it did look like this;

   <dependencyManagement>
     <dependencies>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-model</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-5</version>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-core</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-5</version>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
         <artifactId>maven-archetype-creator</artifactId>
         <version>1.0-alpha-5</version>
       </dependency>
     </dependencies>
   </dependencyManagement>

Which causes the archetype plugin to fail because the 1.0-alpha-5
stuff does not exist.

TTFN,

-bd

> The maven team is pleased to announce the maven archetype plugin
> 1.0-alpha-6 release.
>
> This release substitutes the failed 1.0-alpha-5 release too.
>
> Issues fixed
>
> ARCHETYPE-78      Dependencies listed as version ${project.version} in
> maven-archetype prevent the use of archetypes
> ARCHETYPE-60    Archetype Documentation Incorrect
> ARCHETYPE-38    The archetype is using user.dir which prohibits
> clean embedding
>
> Change log
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
> reset=true&pid=11095&fixfor=13683
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
> reset=true&pid=11095&fixfor=12413

>                              -- The Princess Bride

Bill Dudney
MyFaces - http://myfaces.apache.org
Cayenne - http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cayenne.html

Re: 1.0-alpha-6 release of archetype plugin is hosed

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Since alpha-6 was broken, but could have been downloaded, presumably
Carlos went up to alpha-7 to ensure everyone gets the right version.

As for why alpha-6 was broken, it appears an old version of the
release plugin that didn't fill in depMgmt correct was used and so it
stayed pinned to alpha-5 (which wasn't in the repository either). I
think we're seeing this in a couple of places, so it'd be good to get
another release plugin version out that we know works with all our
projects, and pin all the projects to using that as I think some are
pinned to old ones.

- Brett

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
What happened with alpha-6?