Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Hervé Girod <he...@club-internet.fr> on 2006/09/09 00:35:29 UTC

Relationship between sXBL and XBL 2.0

I just saw the last call working draft for XBL 2.0 on the W3C site.
What's the relationship between sXBL and XBL 2.0 ? Is sXBL really a
subset of XBL 2.0, or are there any subtle differences between sXBL and
XBL 2.0 ?

And if sXBL is really a subset of SBL 2.0, will the actual sXBL
specification be dropped in favour of the more general XBL 2.0 ?

Hervé Girod

Re: Relationship between sXBL and XBL 2.0

Posted by Hervé Girod <he...@club-internet.fr>.
I asked W3C Web application format WG about sXBL vs XBL 2.0 future (see
the thread here
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-appformats/2006Sep/0092.html>).
As you said, it seems that there is a high probability that sXBL will be
dropped in favour of XBL 2.0 (as the second is more general if different
in subtle ways, even the sXBL chapters titles are present on XBL 2.0
working draft...). But nothing seems to be decided yet...

Hervé

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi Hervé.

Hervé Girod: