Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Yuhan Zhang <yz...@onescreen.com> on 2012/09/12 01:29:22 UTC

how to enter float value from cassandra-cli ?

Hi all,

I'm trying to manually adding some double values into a column family. From
the Hector client, there's a DoubleSerializer.
but looks like the cli tool is not providing a way to enter floating point
values. here's the message I got:

[default@video] set cateogry['1']['sport'] = float('0.5');
Function 'float' not found. Available functions: bytes, integer, long, int,
lexicaluuid, timeuuid, utf8, ascii, countercolumn.

Is there a way to insert floating pointer value from the cli tool?

Thank you.

Yuhan

Re: how to enter float value from cassandra-cli ?

Posted by Yuhan Zhang <yz...@onescreen.com>.
hi Aaron,

Thanks for the suggestion to cql. I created a jira ticket:

Yuhan

--
Yuhan Zhang
Senior Software Engineer

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or legally
privileged. Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not constitute a
waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in error, please do
not directly or indirectly print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or
otherwise use the information. In addition, please delete this e-mail and
all copies and notify the sender.

Re: how to enter float value from cassandra-cli ?

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
It's not supported, yet.