Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2001/09/10 14:19:00 UTC

Build Failed on MacOS X

Dear All,

I am getting a new platform specific build failure.

Trying to build Cocoon 2 under MacOS X, has always in the past thrown up
the failure of Ant to find 'tools.jar', but this has never aborted the
whole build process before.

Now when I do a ./build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp I get a fatal
error:

	/Volumes/Tardis/Checkouts/xml-cocoon2/build.xml:705: Could not find file
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.3/lib/tools.jar to
copy.

and the build halts.

Doing a search of my whole filesystem (sudo find / -file tools.jar) I
cannot find a copy of tools.jar anywhere, Apple either called it something
else, or it's contents are mixed in with another jar.

This was never a problem before, the build would continue past that error,
and the webapp would all work.

Any suggestions?

thanks

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: Build Failed on MacOS X

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 5:44 AM -0700 10/9/01, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>Jeremy,
>
>Please try the build.xml in C2.1. See if my patch helps? If it does i will
>move it to C2.0 also.

Thanks Dims,

That worked.

RE: Build Failed on MacOS X

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com>.
Bernard,

Please do not mix $JAVA_HOME and ${java.home},
these are two completely different things
One is env var of OS set by user, other is Java property
set by JVM to the _JRE_ location

Regards,
Vadim

RE: Build Failed on MacOS X