Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Roberto Cahanap <rc...@BioReference.com> on 2011/09/15 15:31:48 UTC

tif vs. jpg

I just noticed a recent routine that we wrote that is dynamically creating graphic files and embedding into a report  where we use FOP to generate into a PDF.

The xml data has the filename as  TIF, but the graphic files are being created as  TIF file but with an extension of JPG.

Is this an issue? The PDF looks OK.

I can easily convert the TIF to JPG, but is it necessary? Will I run into any issues if I don't convert to TIF?

The information transmitted in this email and any of its attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain BioReference Laboratories proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to BioReference Laboratories. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete and destroy the communication and all of the attachments you have received and all copies thereof.

RE: tif vs. jpg

Posted by Roberto Cahanap <rc...@BioReference.com>.
I'm sorry, I meant to say:

The xml data has the filename with the extension as "JPG", but the graphic files are being created as a TIF file but with an extension of JPG.