Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/28 23:53:38 UTC

Re: struts-html question.... puzzling problem...

On 11/28/06, maya <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> thank you very much..  downloaded lib and src downloads..  when
> unzipped, found that all files under "docs" are xmls not htmls..

You're probably looking at the "source" of the html pages, which is xml.

The documentation is inside struts-documentation.war, which you can
deploy to a servlet container, or just unzip somewhere.

   http://struts.apache.org/1.1/userGuide/

>From the menu, under Developer Guides, choose a tag library, then
either the API Reference (above) or the Package Description.

--
Wendy

Re: struts-html question.... puzzling problem...

Posted by maya <ma...@yahoo.com>.
thank you all very much for your help..  finally got it to work w/struts
1.1 (I had tried earlier version before, but 1.2.9, since hadn't been
able to find 1.1....)

now need to deal w/WAR-file thing, unfortunately don't know how to
unpack/deploy WAR files..  I tried about a year ago to learn to use WAR
files, couldn't get it to work.. there is indeed a
struts-documentation.war in the 1.1 download..  found WAR-file
instructions for example here,
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=123229, but it's for tomcat 3.2..
I hope this will work on Tomcat 5.5 (since struts 1.1 is rather old..)
can I assume url for docs then will be struts-documentation/index.jsp?

how exactly does this WAR-thing work???  :) again, thank you very much..