Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ANTHONY ENNIS <to...@insightbb.com> on 2009/09/28 17:06:09 UTC

Trouble with an axis2 web service and persistence

I installed Jetspeed2, works fine.
I plopped Axis2 into Jetspeed2 as per the instructions.
I installed a trivial web service, works fine.

Now I am trying to add persistence to my web service.  Is there anything in Jetspeed that would cause a web service to not be able to persist objects?  The idea sounds insane to me but I have to ask.

I asked more specific "why does this not work" questions on the Axis2 list, of course.

Re: Trouble with an axis2 web service and persistence

Posted by Christine <ch...@christine.nl>.
ANTHONY ENNIS wrote:
> My specific problem is an exception when I'm calling EntityManager:  javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named xyzzy.

I had the same issue. One of the things I found is that Hibernate needs
the proper versions of slf4j and log4j but it doesn't specifically
complain about not having them. You get an error message about ejb3
instead. You can test your assumption about not finding the config file
by hard coding the config file, i.e. by creating a Configuration in your
code and hand it the config file. That shouldn't be necessary though.

dagdag
Christine

Posted by ANTHONY ENNIS <to...@insightbb.com>.
There are a few problems I think.  What isn't helping is the layers here.

1. If you want a webservice, you have to package your classes etc in a certain way.
2. If you want persistence, you have to package your classes in a different way.
3. If you want a webservice with persistence, no one knows how to package it, as far as I can tell.

My problems have nothing to do with Jetspeed so long as Jetspeed doesn't do *something* to make persistence different.  But that would be totally nuts but I thought I should check, to see if anyone had a memory of "Oh yeah, in that case you have to jump up and down 4 times when you deploy..."

Posted by Christine <ch...@christine.nl>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.