Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2002/01/28 14:19:33 UTC

SystemID, [Bug]: Deli-Example displays empty page

What do you think about SystemID generated by SitemapSource? I really do
not like server name and port there. It makes compiled JSPs
non-portable...

> From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
>
> Thanks Vadim!
>
> You're right, that was the reason - I have an apache server in front
of
> Tomcat.
> After removing the ":8080" from legacyDevice.xml and(!) restarting
cocoon it
> works.
>
> Hm, where is this documented?

I hope our HP guys will fix this eventually...

> This tight binding of cocoon to the current port and servername of the
> servlet engine
> is really bad, we should get rid of this in the next version (= 2.0.2
or
> higher).

Agreed.

Vadim

RE: SystemID, [Bug]: Deli-Example displays empty page

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> > From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
> >
> > Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> > >

> > > What do you think about SystemID generated by SitemapSource? I
> really do
> > > not like server name and port there. It makes compiled JSPs
> > > non-portable...
> > >

> > Can you elaborate a little bit on this?
>
> Sure. If you have:
>
>    <map:match pattern="xsp">
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="cocoon:/xsp-source"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>
>
> "cocoon:/xsp-source" has SystemID:
> 	http://localhost:8080/cocoon/sub/xsp-source
>
> On the hard drive you will get:
> 	WEB-INF\work\org\apache\cocoon\www\http_\_\localhost_8080\
> 	cocoon\sub\xsp_ source.class
>
> Which IMHO is bad: once you change host/port, your XSP is going to be
> recompiled. I propose:
>
> SystemID:
> 	cocoon://sub/xsp-source
>
> File:
>
> WEB-INF\work\org\apache\cocoon\www\cocoon_\_\sub\xsp_source.class

Ah, I see - but this has nothing to do with Deli, right?
Nevertheless, here is my +1.

Carsten

RE: SystemID, [Bug]: Deli-Example displays empty page

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> What do you think about SystemID generated by SitemapSource? I really do
> not like server name and port there. It makes compiled JSPs
> non-portable...

Can you elaborate a little bit on this?

Carsten

<snip/>