Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/21 20:34:15 UTC

field hints for T5

I was thinking that a nice/easy new addition I might be able to add to
T5 could be this field hinting javascript module thing I've sort of
developed but never shared with anyone.   I'm guessing some form of
MixIn that operates strictly only on components that manage a native
<input type="text" /> kind of control.

The behavior of the javascript addition works almost exactly like the
"Search, add, or invite" input field on the left of your gmail page
works.  (only it works slightly better and supports more browser
implementations than they do)

It's not really technically "hard" or meaningful from a big framework
change POV but I think it could easily be one of those "rounded
corners" kind of eye catching features that we could use to promote T5
some more.  (or use it when T5 is ready to promote)

I don't care which javascript api I need to convert it in to using or
anything...thoughts?  Should I hold off a little while longer?

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: field hints for T5

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I think it's a little more involved than that.......I don't really
feel like maintaining a wiki code fragment and real code fragment if I
can help it so...If I do it anywhere I'm hoping it's a repository of
some kind.

Re: field hints for T5

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: field hints for T5