Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "kishore.jmeter" <ki...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/21 08:18:31 UTC

How to record AJAX calls

Hi,
I am testing a chat application and trying to record the same. When I post a
message in chat app, the action is not getting recorded in Jmeter. I can see
the pages in Jmeter but the posting message is not shown.
Basically, when I post a message in chat app, it is a Ajax call and a
connection will be established. Whenever we post new messages, all the
messages will go thru one connection and that connection never ends.
Please guide me how to record in this scenario.
Immediate response would be appreciated.

Re: How to record AJAX calls

Posted by Ryszard Łach <ry...@gmail.com>.
2009/12/21 kishore.jmeter <ki...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
> I am testing a chat application and trying to record the same. When I post
> message in chat app, the action is not getting recorded in Jmeter. I can
> see
> the pages in Jmeter but the posting message is not shown.

I'd suggest to check what is your app sending. Use e.g. Live HTTP Headers FF
plugin and ensure, that it
uses plain HTTP and that it is able to use your proxy settings.

I've been used JMeter for testing AJAX requests, without problems.

Basically, when I post a message in chat app, it is a Ajax call and a
> connection will be established.

Remember, Ajax doesn't differ from HTTP. You should be able to record it.

> Whenever we post new messages, all the
> messages will go thru one connection and that connection never ends.
> Please guide me how to record in this scenario.
> Immediate response would be appreciated.

Is that application public available?

R.

--
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they
fight you. Then you win." - Mohandas Gandhi.