Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Peter Harrison <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/16 23:05:04 UTC

Cassandra 0.7.0 beta1 - Unable to find property 'thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb'

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to to get the beta of 0.7.0 up and running. I have had a
previous build from a couple of weeks ago working okay; one that I
built myself from source.

>From both a recent build of Cassandra from source and from the
distributed binaries I am getting the following on start:
# bin/cassandra -f

ERROR 08:51:57,691 Fatal error: null; Can't construct a java object
for tag:yaml.org,2002:org.apache.cassandra.config.Config;
exception=Cannot create property=thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb
for JavaBean=org.apache.cassandra.config.Config@d0721b0; Unable to
find property 'thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb' on class:
org.apache.cassandra.config.Config
Bad configuration; unable to start server

The actual configuration line is in the YAML file, and if I comment
out that line I still get the same result. Am I just overlooking
something?

Regards,
Peter

Re: Cassandra 0.7.0 beta1 - Unable to find property 'thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb'

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
perhaps you have multiple cassandra.yaml on your classpath.  if you
enable debug logging, it tells you the full path to the file it is
reading.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra